Here’s what SCAHACC’s Legislative Team has been involved with this week — ON YOUR BEHALF!
- 2/11 – H. 3874, geothermal tax credits, was ratified. The bill will now head to the Governor’s desk.
This bill creates a three-year, 25% income tax credit for each geothermal installation.
The bill makes South Carolina competitive with our neighboring states of North Carolina & Georgia, both of whom have a 35% tax credit with a $8,400 cap per installation. The industry expects to double the number annual residential installations if this bill is adopted with the amendment we support.
- 2/9 – Attended the House Republican Caucus meeting
- 2/9 – Talked to Senator Thurmond (R-Charleston) regarding S.280
- 2/9 – Attended Senate Republican Caucus reception
- 2/10 – Attended reception for Representative Stephen Goldfinch (R-Georgetown)
- 2/10 – Attended reception for Representative Gilda Cobb-Hunter (D-Orangeburg)
The House will be on furlough next week, February 16-18. They will return on Tuesday, February 23rd.