We will LEAD the S.C. licensed trades industry through Education, Training, and Legislation, while continuing to promote the levels of competence, professionalism, growth and success among our members.
- We will LEAD the SC Licensed Trades Industry with respectful interactions.
- We will promote community and compassion among the membership.
- We will give our best to our industry and take pride in our accomplishments.
- We will advance the Quality and Safety standards of our profession.
- We will uphold the Legal and Ethical standards of our industry in our approach to business, people, and community.
Code of Professional Conduct
Members of the South Carolina Association of Licensed Contractors agree to abide by and conform to the following code of professional conduct:
- Instill the highest respect for the Licensed Trades within their communities.
- Maintain strict compliance with all laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the licensed trades industry and business operations prescribed by federal, state, county and municipal governments.
- Design, install, service and repair any equipment in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of proper equipment selection to assure customers of safe, dependable and comfortable performance.
- Ensure that quality, honesty, integrity and good faith are hallmarks of contractors’ business practices, including individual contractor sales, advertising, installations and service of equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe, respectable and well-identified place of business commensurate with the high standards of the profession.
- Increase the safety and efficiency of the licensed trades industry by participating in the SCALT education and training programs.
- Develop the highest quality standards of customer service and nurture long-term relationships with customers.
- Encourage and support business development in which skilled and professional licensed contractors are empowered to provide high-level services to consumers and end-users.