BIG Win this Week on Geothermal Bill!
SCAHACC Legislative Update: Week 02/01-02/05
Our Legislative Team at work at this week:
- Attended the House Republican Caucus meeting
- Talked with Senator Katrina Shealy (R-Lexington) and Representative Alan Clemmons (R-Horry), both of whom confirmed their attendance at the SCAHACC conference.
- Attended reception for House Majority Leader Bruce Bannister
- Attended reception for House Ways & Means Chairman Brian White
- 2/4 – S. 280 (minimum net worth for contractors) was amended and given second reading in the Senate by a vote of 35-3
- 2/4 – H. 3874 (geothermal income tax credits) – the House concurred in the Senate amendment, which restored the geothermal income tax credit language supported by SCAHACC. The bill needs to be ratified next week before being sent to the Governor’s desk.
- The State: John Few elected as new S.C. Supreme Court associate justice
- Please find your House, Senate, Capitol Columbia reports.